Thursday 19 September 2019

Older People's Project - Paper Sculptures Week One

Over the next 8 weeks I will be in Corby Library sharing my folding knowledge with a 65+ group for the Older People's project hosted by Made in Corby and funded by Scottish Power.

I'm generally a positive type of person but I did worry that as this session had been advertised as a drop-in I may end up with a small group.  How wrong I was.


Initially, I had about 5 people at 11am and that was the time advertised to start, then a couple more came and another 4 until I was asking the Library Assistant for more chairs until I suddenly had 15 people in 2 sections.

After repeating my introductions a few times we got started. I assured the group, initially, that we would fold and complete one kusudama each.  Unfortunately, when the group grew to 15 and situated in two locations this became a hopeless task, you would think.  Actually, everyone got to almost the same stage where each module was finished and we can attach them together to form our first kusudama next week.


Well done group, I'm so proud of you.

No comments: