Tuesday 5 May 2015

Just a box of old bricks

I love this time of year when all the car boots start up again.  I'm at my best when I am treasure hunting, looking for the mundane, bartering or hoping that the tin or box of random stuff will be a reasonable price.

Yesterday's finds reaped it's own rewards; an old button tin and a box of old bricks.  I spotted a few vintage


bricks at the top of the pile which I thought would be perfect on my stand alongside a few old books serving as display but also complimenting my work.  I am amazed at the variety of wooden bricks from different eras that I found in this box when I got it home.


These are the very vintage brick I spotted first.  I love the illustrations and the typeface that is used for the alphabet.


Wooden Bobbins what a nice find.  You don't find too many of these to the pound now.


BSA Bicycles, gosh that's going back some.


These are cute, possible 50's or 60's I'm thinking.


No idea of the date of these but love how they are embossed.  I wonder whether you could use them for printing or embossing onto surfaces.


Now these bricks have me really puzzled.  Austrian infantry, British Hussar, doesn't that relate to the Crimean War?


And finally a collection of bricks I used to play with as a child.

All in all this was a good find and I hope to find lots of ways of using some of these in my work.



No comments: