Saturday 27 February 2016

Art Journalling with a Key theme

I have a lovely collection of large keys on my window sill in my lounge.  I acquired them from a car boot and was very please to give them house room.  They have been coated with a thick black paint so I guess most people would have passed them by, but I thought they had some presence.

My journal is a mix of different papers including brown paper, I love a challenge although it is rather difficult to work with thinner paper.

This page has evolved over a period of time.  First I added torn strips of masking tape in readiness for when I wanted to use the page.  I love using excess paint of my brush on other pages in my journal. I'd been using gold one day and like the idea of creating a shimmer on the brown paper. After sketching the keys using my waterbased wash pens I ripped off the masking tape which also tore away some of the key images.  I just went over them and this gave them a two-tone effect. I then wrote over the whole surface using a pink metallic gel pen.  I love the way the writing looks pink then silver in some places.


No comments: