Thursday, 21 January 2016
...by the sea
Working with my Kuretake paints and table salt I wanted to create a beach scene. The salt really does give it a textured, grainy effect which makes it almost impossible to work over in any detail so I decided to use a image transfer method using sticky tape. It's an interesting effect to experiment with and it's great to see the reaction salt has on the paint.
The process is quite straight forward, but can be a bit unpredicable, some paper works better than others.
1. Cut a small image from a magazine or book and place it image down on the sticky tape.
2. With the sticky side of the tape faced up, wet the back of the image. In my case it showed some printed text.
3. Rub the surface in a gentle circular motion until the paper starts to roll. Add a little more water with your finger when needed.
4. Keep rubbing in this way until you see only the image and it becomes transparent.
5. Now apply it to your project.