Monday 9 April 2018

Lace Tatting Workshop at Leicestershire Craft Centre

I love sharing my skills at workshops and it's lovely to see how people progress during a three hour workshop.  And this time was no exception.


It was lovely to have a mix of adults and teenagers. It shows both generations that a new skill can be challenging whatever your age is. However, the challenge for me was that I had 2 left handed people in the group.


As the time moved on there was evidence of progress appearing on the table and delighted faces.  I find that teaching with chinese silk cord makes it easier for people to understand how the flip works which is one of the key techniques for being able to produce tatting.



At the end of the three hour session I received some lovely feedback and the group have decided that they would like to meet on a regular basis to improve their skills, which I hope I am able to do.  One lady had brought with her her grandmother's tatting shuttles and some beautiful examples of what tatting can be. She shared that her grandmother had taught her how to tat when she was a teenager but she didn't really take much notice at the time, now she wished she had.




No comments: