Monday 9 April 2018

Seeing the Wood for the Trees - Spring Theme - week one

How time flies, it was only about 6 weeks ago when the group were exploring the theme of Winter.  And although Spring is here it doesn't seem that way.  We seem to be on a slow starter this year.  That being said I was determined to bring a splash of colour to this week's session.

It was my turn to provide a new technique for the group and I decided to let them explore creating backgrounds for their work. As is usual for me I brought along a few examples in different stages of being.

Whilst Carole went off and made the tea and coffee and lay out the nibbles I introduced the group the techniques and materials they would be exploring.

All paper ready cut, to get them started, I asked them to paint one side with Gesso and to attach text paper over the other side.  Thus allowing a stable foundation for them to work with, paints, ink sprays, sponges, stencils and a variety of mark making tools.

Here are some of the results:-








No comments: