Saturday 10 January 2009

Birthday Makes


It was my birthday yesterday. How unusual to meet two people with the same birthday. My little boy's friend Flynn and a little girl from the Arts 'n' Crafts group I teach at on a Wednesday evening. Then there was my colleague who has her birthday the day after mine. I don't normally need an excuse to make anything but I in this case I decided to use it.

So for Flynn I made a camouflage beanie, I found the idea on another blog called JenamyJen which referred to the pattern I used to knit the hat here. Then I gave the little girl a star brooch I had made out of some scraps of felt and finally a small handbag for Karen, my work colleague produced from a felted cardigan and some odd scraps of material.

Tomorrow, I will be taking some of my book sculptures and jewellery pieces over to the Ferrers Gallery at Ashby de La Zouch as I am part of an exhibition entitled 'Best of the East'.

1 comment:

Susie Jefferson said...

Hi Phiona! I finally found you.. in a roundabout way off another blog (try googling - I couldn't get to you direct!) I also had trouble finding the Comment box (they're ususally underneath) but I guess it depends on the template.

This post is brilliant - I adore altered books, and these are beautifully done. I certainly wouldn't have thought of the stitching/smocking - I guess I kind of got into a collage rut. Well done, and I look forward to seeing how you do re Slide etc. If you have any problems, email me privately and I'll help if I can (or point you in the right direction).