Monday 16 May 2011

The trouble with paper beads



I have been exploring paper beads recently and having great success and actually loving the result. ( see earlier post - Making Beads from Paper)

Until that is I try to go bigger. My aim is to make some sturdy hollow beads but every time I push them into shape they seem to collapse. I can form the paper into a domed shape but as soon as I put it down the centre pops out, as you can see in the photo.

I'm not really sure how I'm going to resolve this problem. It maybe that coiling around a piece of wire doesn't give you enough torque in the rolling process. In a few days time I will receive a proper paper bead rolling tool so I hope this will be the solution.

Watch this space!!

1 comment:

Heather Eddy said...

What about a thin layer of clear acrylic or white glue or matte Mod Podge? If you could seal one side of the bead, it would help hold the shape... I think.